£1.2m Network Grant Awarded to the NWTF
NWTF are delighted to announce a £1.2m EPSRC Network Grant award. Activities will include:
- Creating a community hub on the NWTF website for academics and industry with events, forums, workshop and discussion boards to increase connectivity, inclusivity and information sharing within the UK wind tunnel community.
- Hosting training workshops, conferences and wind tunnel open days to exchange knowledge on wind tunnel capabilities, techniques, best practices, safety and research output.
- Further development of subgroups addressing the needs of this cross-disciplinary community.
Industry/Academia Group Research Projects:
- Hosting subgroup discussion forums generating industry involvement from research project ideation stage onwards, ensuring development of research proposals with industry support.
- Co-ordinating industry/academia group research project proposals to the point of grant application.
- Working with experimentalists to establish best practices for providing open research databases.
- Creating and publicising case studies and best practice documents.
- Curating and validating high quality wind-tunnel data with a front end for the NWTF website.
- Improving useability of open access research outputs and promoting better connectivity with the CFD community.
Community involvement in NWTF:
- Generating community input into planning NWTF infrastructure development.
- Increasing inclusivity with researchers from universities outside NWTF and internationally.
- Encouraging usage of NWTF as a national resource to ensure sustainability and maximise impact of infrastructure investment.
- Encouraging researcher mobility by providing T&S for researchers travelling to use NWTFs.
- Funding T&S for industry/academia sabbaticals.